Ms. Wheelchair America 2013

by Erika Bogan, VPG Consumer Advocate

On August 10, I left home to travel to Providence, Rhode Island, to attend the Ms. Wheelchair America 2013 pageant with VPG! It was so exciting going back to where I first began my career.  The one thing that I  have always loved about the Ms. WheelchairAmerica program is the comradery of the women, as they gather to represent their states, all for the same purpose: to help change the face of people across the nation living with different abilities. 
This year, just as in past years, the girls amazed me and brought me to tears!  I was blessed to have met many of them and hear their stories and platforms, about the issues they choose to be the voice for throughout their year as state title holders.  On Saturday August 11, 2012, Mariah Kilbourne, Ms. Wheelchair Texas 2012, was crowned Ms. Wheelchair America 2013! 

It was so great to be able to be there with VPG and show them the MV-1!  They were all very interested in learning about this awesome vehicle and the benefits that it brings to our community! They were also very excited to educate others about the MV-1 in their individual states. This really opened my eyes and made me realize that this organization, it�s title holders, and VPG all were working towards the same purpose and that is to change lives and make another step towards �Universal� Accessibility!